Charles Bullock, professor of political science, College of Georgia
Kendra King Momon, professor of political science, Oglethorpe College
Patricia Murphy, @MurphyAJC, political reporter and columnist, The Atlanta Journal-Structure
Rick Dent, political advert professional, vice chairman, Matrix Communications
1. Early voting for U.S. Senate runoff sees lengthy strains amid excessive turnout
Gabriel Sterling from the Georgia Secretary of State’s workplace stated that weekend turnout totaled practically 200,000.
Statewide early voting for all 159 counties begins in the present day and ends Friday, Dec. 2, with runoff election day on Tuesday, Dec. 6.
2. Herschel Walker retreats from the campaign trail
- This previous week, Sen. Raphael Warnock hosted 16 occasions whereas Walker hosted simply two.
- Walker’s TV and mail advertisements additionally lean closely on incumbent Gov. Brian Kemp.
3. Political advertisements give attention to hot-button points and Walker’s previous.
4. The Georgia Supreme Court reinstates abortion ban.
The excessive court docket on Wednesday reinstated the state’s ban of abortions after roughly six weeks of being pregnant.
It put a decrease court docket’s ruling that overturned the ban on maintain whereas it considers an enchantment.
Tuesday on Political Rewind: The AJC‘s Tamar Hallerman joins the panel.
Leave a Reply